Health risks with Mould

One of the primary reasons why it’s important to treat mould infestations immediately is because of the adverse health effects and risks it can have on humans, especially babies and children.

Many people suffer symptoms from mould but assume they have a cold or an allergy to something else.

It’s important to understand there are several hundred thousand species of moulds, and while some are harmless, others can be extremely toxic, so it’s important to determine what type of mould you’re dealing with and how to remove it. Mould can be lethal if it is not safely and effectively removed.

According to the NHS, damp and mould in the home can cause respiratory problems, infections, allergies and asthma, and it can also affect the immune system.

While mould can affect everyone, some people can be particularly more sensitive, such as:

  • Babies & children
  • The elderly
  • People with skin problems, such eczema
  • People with respiratory problems, like allergies and asthma
  • People with weakened immune systems

How does mould affect your health?

Inhaling or touching mould spores cause three types of symptoms:

1) Allergic reactions

Allergic reactions are the most common symptoms of being exposed to mould.

When mould spores are inhaled, the immune system creates allergic reaction due to the fact it’s trying to defend against foreign/unknown particles entering the body. Unfortunately, the more a person is subjected to mould, the more sensitive they become, and the greater their symptoms can become.

Some of the common symptoms mould allergies cause include the following:

  • Cold or flu like symptoms
  • Blocked nose
  • Itchy nose
  • Runny nose
  • Sneezing
  • Sore throat
  • Irritated/itchy throat
  • Sinus congestion
  • Breathing difficulty
  • Wheezing
  • Irritated, itchy skin
  • Watery eyes
  • Red eyes
  • Itchy eyes
  • Itchy ears
  • Hair loss, baldness
  • Hay fever symptoms

2) Infections

Mould infections can occur when mould spores are breathed into the body, allowing mould to grow inside them.

In most cases, the infection can be treated with medication. The symptoms of a mould infection include skin irritation, excess mucus, athlete’s foot and nail infections. The more serious infections can be fatal, but it usually only gets that severe with those with weakened immune systems, since their immune systems aren’t always strong enough to defend against the infection.

3) Toxicity

There are a few dozen moulds that are particularly toxic to humans, and these moulds release highly toxic chemicals called mycotoxins.

In order for intoxication to occur by these toxic moulds, significant quantities is needed to intoxicate. The mould spores must also have an avenue to intoxicate, such as through ingestion (mould infected food) or inhaling.

The symptoms are often much worse than ordinary moulds, which includes:

  • Mental impairment
  • Damage to internal organs
  • Bleeding
  • Cancer
  • Death

The Hidden Dangers of Mould Exposure

Here’s a video I found on YouTube, where CBN News talks to an American family stricken with mysterious illnesses caused by mould in their home…

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *